The Book Behind the BlogLies Young Women Believe? I've been amazed how many of you have come to this site recently because you've just discovered the book or heard about it from a friend. I can only assume that some of you have come to this site through search engines and may not even realize that this blog was created to support the book by the same name.
If that's the case, here are a few things you may not know:
- Lies Young Women Believe (LYWB) was written by Nancy Leigh DeMoss and Dannah Gresh. Nancy and Dannah are two of my favorite people on the whole planet. They are wise and funny and great writers. You'll love them too!
book tackles the top 25 lies young women believe. Here's a taste:
- God should fix my problems.
- Beautiful girls are worth more.
- It's okay to go out with a non-Christian.
- I am my own authority.
- My youth pastor is my connection to God.
Good stuff, huh?
- The book encourages several action steps such as the "Truth-speakers relationship pledge" and the "Thirty-Day challenge." These challenges are designed to help you live out what God teaches you through the book.
- LYWB will teach you how to identify lies in your own life and replace them with God's Word.
- There is a LYWB Companion Guide that provides you with a daily study to help you dig deep into God's Word. It also has tons of ideas and helps for leading a LYWB group study.
It's really, really good stuff. I'm not just saying that because I write for the blog. I use the book and companion guide often in ministry in my local church. I have seen this book's power to change lives!
If you've already read Lies Young Women Believe, we'd love to hear about how it has impacted you. If not, let me encourage you to check it out. To get the ball rolling, we will give away a copy of the book and the companion guide to the first three of you who ask for it. And then ... start reading!